National scholarships are announced in the Daily Bulletin and posted on the school website on a weekly basis. There are also many scholarship search engines available online and most colleges and universities have separate scholarship applications. Beware of scholarship scams! See your counselor if you have any questions about a questionable scholarship opportunity.
Thousands of dollars from local clubs, community organizations, and private donors are given each year to THS seniors. Interested students need to complete an online scholarship application in January (information is mailed home). Scholarship recipients and their parents/guests are honored at Senior Awards Night in May in the Bulldog Arena. Many eligible students neglect to apply every year! Are you interested in being a scholarship sponsor? Contact Kristin Bettencourt at (209) 667-0888 for more information.
The Stanislaus Medical Society Alliance is pleased to offer scholarships for further education in health careers for the ensuing 2016-17 academic year. Applications requirements for scholarships are as follows:
- Student must be residents of Stanislaus County.
- Students must be enrolled or planning to enroll in medicine or nursing. Other health-related fields are not eligible.
- Students must demonstrate academic qualities compatible with chosen health program.
- The financial need of the student may be taken into consideration.
- Application must be completed and received by April 3, 2017.
To apply, please pick up an application from Kristin Bettencourt in the Bookroom. Applications will be available Monday, February 27th.
Deadline to apply is April 3, 2017
Multiple scholarships of $1,000 are available, open to qualifying graduates from the following high schools who will be attending a four-year university: Turlock, Pitman, Denair, Hilmar, Hughson, Roselawn, Irwin, Keyes Charter and Turlock Christian.
Applications will be considered on the basis of financial need, academic scholarship, leadership activates and community service.
Deadline: To apply for these awards, students must return the application form and attachments to their designated high school contact by no later than February 28, 2017.
Applications are available from Kristin Bettencourt in the Bookroom or by downloading below.
To apply for the Portuguese Education Foundation of Central California scholarship, the applicant does not need to be of Portuguese descent, but must demonstrate a dedication to learning the Portuguese language and culture and/or participation in organized Portuguese cultural activities.
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of the following criteria:
- Demonstrated academic ability.
- Interest in learning the Portuguese language and culture as demonstrated by past or present enrollment in a Portuguese language course, or participation in organized Portuguese cultural activities.
- Professional goals include working with the Portuguese community.
- Applicants who live or were raised in the region of Central California will have priority over applicants from other regions.
- A student can only receive scholarships for five years for undergraduate study. He/she may reapply for scholarships if she/he enrolls in graduate school.
All applications submitted will be evaluated by the Scholarship Committee composed of individuals independent of the Board of Directors of the PEFCC.
All applicants will be notified by May 26, 2017 as to whether they were awarded a scholarship. (Actual awarding of scholarship funds takes place at the annual banquet in November). Those selected to receive a scholarship must submit in September 2017 proof that they are enrolled and attending courses in a trade school, junior college, or university.
Awardees agree to attend or be represented by person of their choice at the Annual Banquet of PEFCC on November 17, 2017 at the Our Lady of the Assumption Hall in Turlock.
Please see Kristin Bettencourt in the Bookroom to pick up an application. Deadline to apply is March 6, 2017.
Stanislaus Community Foundation Scholarship