fourth quarter news!
The final sprint to the finish is upon us. Overall, our students performed extremely well on our State Fitness Testing. We had many students achieve advanced in their running, push-ups, and sit-ups. Remember that 3rd quarter absences and NP's follow you into the 4th quarter. Now our focus becomes self-directed/ life long fitness oriented P.E. Students will be given more freedom in choosing their fitness day regimen. We expect active, enthusiastic participation every day. Students can earn points to improve their grade by self-initiating quiet-active stretching at the onset of class. On our bi-weekly fitness days, students must complete all work at an age appropriate level as supported by CA State Physical Fitness Standards. Our goal is promote overall success at THS, both on the field and in the classroom. Stong bodies support strong minds! Parents can check grades and daily attendance through School Loop.
Get an 'A' in P.E.!
1. Be present! More than 9 absences/NP's per quarter results in an 'F'
2. Be active! To receive credit, students must actively participate.
3. Achieve State Standards minimums in push-up/sit-up/running tests.
4. Be properly dressed out to work hard every day! Students not dressed in P.E. uniform will be sent to the Dean AND lose participation credit.
5. Complete all written assignments and turn in when due. No late work is accepted