2nd Semester Changes to Grading
We will continue to challenge our P.E. students to be their best. As the year progresses, the expectations go up. Be aware of changes in our grading policy for the second semester as they may affect your student passing the class
- During the second semester, if a student fails to meet the CSPFT minimum standard for running, they now will lose credit for the the day. A student may make up the lost credit by running 20 minutes before school/during lunch/after school. All make ups must be completed within three days.
- In order to curtail the notes from home on running days, a student will be allowed three parent notes per semester to excuse them from running. Students in excess of three notes will be sent to the office as there may be a serious medical condition that should be addressed. All make -ups must be completed within three days upon healthy return.
- February is CST month. The official Fitness testing begins soon. As we have been working towards exceeding the minimum standards since August, ALL students will be expected to pass the tests! Please encourage your student to practice areas of weakness on their own.
Get an 'A' in P.E.!
1. Be present! More than 9 absences/NP's per quarter results in an 'F'
2. Be active! To receive credit, students must actively participate.
3. Achieve State Standards minimums in push-up/sit-up/running tests.
4. Be properly dressed out to work hard every day! Students not dressed in P.E. uniform will be sent to the Dean AND lose participation credit.
5. Complete all written assignments and turn in when due. No late work is accepted
Marathon Winners for our 2nd Quarter Challenge
We are so proud of all our students who are participating in this challenge. P.E. is not only about lifelong fitness, but finding your inner strengths! Acomplete list of all marathon finishers will be posted upon completion.